The Project Designer Initial certification qualifies a person to write specifications for asbestos response action work in schools and public, commercial and industrial buildings.
This certification is required by:
- ASHARA (Model Accreditation Plan) to write specifications for asbestos response actions in public, commercial and industrial buildings.
- AHERA to write specifications for response action work in schools.
- OSHA to design alternative control methods for Class I Work.
- Cal-OSHA to qualify for Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC).
The Project Designer curriculum covers all aspects of asbestos removal work and includes a focus on:
- Budgeting/Cost Estimation
- Writing Abatement Specifications
- Preparing Abatement Drawings
- Contract Delivery Options
- Future Design Considerations (Alternative Control Methods)