The AHERA Contractor/Supervisor Initial course meets all EPA AHERA and OSHA requirements. This certification is for any person who will be supervising individuals permitted to enter a regulated asbestos abatement work area. This certification also satisfies the OSHA competent person requirement for an asbestos project.
Our instructor-led course is facilitated by a certified EPA trainer. We offer our instructor-led courses at our training centers. We can also deliver our courses at any client’s training facility. Please contact us if you would like to learn more about on-site instruction.
The Contractor/Supervisor Initial course covers topics such as:
- History, uses, and health effects of asbestos
- Regulations, both state and federal
- Safety considerations and respiratory protection program
- 16 Hours of hands on training including assembly of a negative air enclosure
- Glove bag procedures for removal
- Proper work practices and procedures
- Record keeping